Monday, July 27, 2009

Adventures

Finally got to see the Disney animated movie UP and enjoyed it immensely. Loved the relationship between the old people, the little boy and the animals. There was so much truth and wisdom there. Asked my hubby afterwards what the message was and he said, "to have more adventure in your life." I also got that, we sometimes mislabel as "ordinary" the little moments that we take for granted as we are dreaming of a bigger "adventure."

Some of my most enjoyable adventures are small things-writing an article or poem, talking or emailing a loved one-friend or family, looking through old photos and recalling past adventures. What are some of your "ordinary" adventures? Do you have some way or recording your adventures in a scrapbook, journal or adventure book? I blog mine these days.

7 comments:

  1. I like looking at old photos too now and then. I also pull out old journals and read about a certain year. I hadn't heard of that movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love looking at people's pix...don't even have to know them....just love pix. still blog but somehow time escapes my thoughts and I don't blog as often. FB is quicker for quicker thoughts...but not nearly as relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love re-reading my old fav. books...looking at old pictures...sitting with my mother -in-law ,listening old family tales from her..kids join too.As a family once in a week we go to this store to buy groceries...where even kids are allowed to pick up certain things like cookies,cereals,bread,soap,veg etc .for home...it might sound boring to many but we as a family really enjoy it,and every morning after my daughter leaves for school me and my son spend quite sometime in my prayer room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. You pretty much know about my adventures through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blog seems to be my "adventure book". I have many, many photos as well but I am finding that my blog is a great place to record "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cheryl. My blog is a good place for keeping a record of my little adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well..I blog most of my adventures. But I do try to find something everyday that makes me smile..I will have to see that movie...Michelle

    ReplyDelete