Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What is a BLOG?

According to a google search..."a BLOG is a publication of personal thoughts, experiences, and web links. It is updated frequently and is usually a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the web or in the media." ...Now where did the word BLOG come from...Well........weB LOG or diary! Now aren't you glad you read this blog today?
Why do people enjoy blogging? Perhaps because in our busy modern day rushed lives we have lost the art of conversing or just visiting with one another in person or over the phone. We don't have TIME but somehow doing it on the web seems faster and more efficient-I know i enjoy journaling BY TYPING on my laptop rather than the old fashioned pen and ink HANDWRITING way. But the difference with a BLOG vs a JOURNAL is that you can get immediate feedback if your readers/friends who are also computer literate can figure out how to get registered and actually make a comment on your blog. A BLOG is like a friend always ready to hear your thoughts, concerns no matter how small or LARGE they seem. So blog on....

1 comment:

  1. i prefer to write by hand my journal entries...and my instrument of choice has always been and always will be a fountain pen. I don't actually have a "good" one but I have several that work just fine. I love the flow of ink..

    As to the blog...I just totally enjoy it. I don't have to think it's going to last forever...I just have to think.

    but I'm glad you started a blog.

    ReplyDelete