Sunday, December 30, 2007

Serendipity


The dictionary defines it as...."fate, destiny, providence, chance, luck, a natural gift for making useful discoveries by accident". How about whisperings of the Spirit, instinct, hunches, etc.?

Today at church I sat down next to a couple I didn’t know, the common practice for most people in this situation is unfortunately to ignore each other politely, but I decided to keep my resolution of "reaching out to others" and turned to my right and said "hello" and asked a few questions to get to know more about the couple sitting there. We introduced ourselves quickly. Turns out their last name is "Dance". They are from Arizona. We only had a few minutes to converse before our Sunday school class began but I was happy to have done something rather than nothing as is so easy to do in a new situation. Our branch just got divided and we are mostly all new to each other. Then when I went to my next meeting imagine my surprise and delight to discover that I had been given a new person to visit teach none other than Sister Dance!!! Life is truly interesting. Look for serendipity in your everyday life.

1 comment:

  1. Now see...I would have thought you do this sort of thing ALL the time. I don't mind chatting with new people but sure hate to move out of my seat.

    ReplyDelete