Monday, December 10, 2007

FOR ONE MORE DAY


Just watched the tv movie last night produced by Oprah and written by Mitch Albom's For One More Day. He also wrote Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You'll Meet in Heaven. What would you do if you had one more day? This was very well done and thought provoking.

I think it touched me because it was about a mother who had died suddenly, and the feelings of her grown son who had alienated himself from his mom because she had divorced his father. He blamed her and himself for the divorce, and they had never really talked about it. Well, the son is alcoholic and ready to commit suicide when his mom appears and they spend a day together in their old home just talking and clarifying what really happened, and how he has the choice to end his life now or make changes in his life as he is also divorced and alienated from his daughter. He realizes how much his mom loves him.

Also just watched the dvd Engine 49 about a fire fighter who dies. Death is such an unknown for all of us, when it will come and how we will respond to it. I know my mom was frightened by her approaching death, would love another day to talk with her now. The moral of the movies was now is the day to communicate and show our love to each other.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see both of these movies! I need to set up a list of movies I'd like to see. So the next time Ken wants to watch a movie, I'll have something to refer to!

    ReplyDelete