Friday, July 23, 2021

HAPPY PIONEER DAY

Special holiday for Utahans! July 24, 1847 was the day the first Mormon pioneers set foot in the Salt Lake Valley on their long journey from Nauvoo, Illinois after being driven out froms their beautiful city and temple because of religious persecutions. Other would arrive directly from their home countries. I and my family come from a long line of such pioneers who were converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and journeyed by wagon and handcart more than 1000 mile to settle this land. 

Here's some charts I made on  my maternal and paternal  pedigrees with photos and info collected over 61 years of researching. I honor them and their lives. For more of their stories, see familysearch.org. CLICK to enlarge charts and read when they came to the Utah territory. (Only one ancestral line Wm. Marion Johnson Sr. was not a convert but came to Utah from Ohio on his way to California for the Gold Rush then stayed here.)

My Mom's pioneers were from England and Iceland

My Dad's pioneers from England and Scotland


No comments:

Post a Comment