Friday, August 14, 2020

Still LOOKING BACK...

Continuing with my process of SCANNING in old slides and negatives from the past, memories flow through my mind of EARLIER TIMES. Days, weeks and months of RAISING BOYS from babies into grownups. As a single mother for many of those years, I certainly appreciated the SCOUTING program and the leaders that served as GOOD EXAMPLES for my sons and taught them VALUABLE SKILLS. All four of my sons participated in scouting and completed their Eagle Scout projects. They learned to enjoy camping, hiking and exploring nature. I'm loving LOOKING BACK at the little boys they were and appreciating the individuals they are now. Love them all and appreciate each son's UNIQUENESS. I LEARNED so much raising sons 1966 to 2001-35 years of EDUCATION. (Click to enlarge photos.)

Scouting bros: l-r Brook, Daniel, Jeff and Frank
(Note: the handmade scout shirt I made for Jeff!)

Daniel learning to fish at Payson Lake with family

Starting with cub scouts, I was a Den Mother, bro Frank led the way

Dan as Webelo scout with his friend Daniel from next door

How well do I remember all those Pinewood Derby races,
trying to help carve a race car and put on wheels to stay.



Looking ambitious at the beginning of the Timp Hike with backpacks!




Learning to cook and serve hamburgers was useful
All three brothers at the top of Mt. Timpanogos!

And all those merit badges to sew on...

Dan's Eagle Project was an original puppet show complete with
original script Star Bores, handmade puppets and a stage above.

No comments:

Post a Comment