Sunday, May 10, 2020

Looking Back at Mother's Day

This will be my first Mother's Day spent at home as we are all quarantined in our homes with no Church services to be held or families visiting...a good time to reflect back on all the blessings that families and parenting brings into our lives.  I remember as a little girl always looking forward to that day when I would marry and have a family of my own. Being raised by a widowed mom since I was only 5 years old, I didn't realize all the challenges that brought to her. I honor my mom for her strength and courage to go forward and support me in growing up.


I honor my maternal grandmother a widow also, who raised 5 children alone  and my paternal grandmother who was always there for her family laboring daily to feed, clothe and support her children, and all the other mothers going forward and back in our family who have embraced this god given role for women. Also those who wanted to be mothers and couldn't, and those who chose to give their children up for adoption. May we all realize the important roles we as women give to the world.

Paternal grandparents standing, seated maternal grandmother

Me as single mom with 3 sons and my widowed grandma Vernon

My fourth and last son Jeffrey born when I was 42 is a blessing to me.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Lin. Once a mother, always a mother, even if we can't be with those we mother.
    I enjoyed reading and seeing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Lin! I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Lin! Thank you for sharing this. I love your photos, they’re beautiful.

    ReplyDelete