Sunday, July 1, 2018

On the ROAD to OREGON

Saturday I attended a HATCH FAMILY REUNION in Scipio, Utah, My son Daniel was in charge and did a great job. It was fun to see family members from my first marriage that I had lost contact with. Seeing the old Hatch family home brought back memories from the 1960s when I first met Lottie and Frank S. Hatch who were early settlers in Scipio. Then it was time to head off for a get together with some of my hubby's daughters on the Oregon coast. A long drive from St. George on Hwy 50 the old Lincoln Hwy-the loneliest hwy in America across Nevada and into central Oregon before heading from Burns Oregon to the coast. More photos to come.

Hatch family home in Scipio Utah
White building was a milking barn for many years
Lots of buildings needed to hold saddles and other stuff
Corrals and barns for horses and other farm animals.
Lots of wide open spaces between Utah, Nevada and Oregon


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Lin. Love them! This sounds like a fun get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much open space "out west" in our sprawling country.
    Now welcome to the west coast! Wishing you blue sky and calm seas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gather everyone had a wonderful a wonderful time at the Hatch Reunion and enough $$ was collected to cover the cost. Robert had wanted to go but I think I mentioned we thought it would be around Pioneer Day which I thought was the usual time. But oh well. Maybe another year. I blogged about it after the one about Patsy...which is still the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do. It breaks my heart to see her and know she's so confused. I have contacted a lawyer for help and now have to find some place for her to be placed and then we empty out her apt a bit each each we go. So did you get to see everyone from the Hatch side ? I am so glad Daniel was in charge. He said he might come east and was willing to stay here if they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin! I am so glad you post pictures like these. I am pretty homebound this summer with my recovering husband. We have to stay close to City of Hope. Your blog has been very helpful to me...every time I go on, it seems to ground me. (Since I have a tendancy to let my brain get too busy and frantic). so...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete