Saturday, January 20, 2018

Take TIME to COMPLIMENT

Lately have had several people take time to COMPLIMENT me on something. Wow, if that isn't wonderful to hear in our CRITICAL world. One member of my church, commented on what a good job I do teaching. Well, I love to teach and have taught in church since 1964 when I first was asked to teach GENEALOGY. Of course, it helps if you love your topic. I love teaching others about SELF IMPROVEMENT which is what GOSPEL TEACHING is all about.

I've been teaching since 1962 when I graduated from BYU with a BS degree in Physical Education (Dance) and began work on my Masters Degree in Dance and received free tuition for graduate studies while I taught. Later I would teach DANCE for 10 years in college settings, then go back to school and received an ELEMENTARY TEACHING CREDENTIAL and I taught FIRST GRADE after my divorce-that was a challenge! While doing that I attended BYU again and got a library endorsement on my teaching credential and became a school LIBRARIAN teaching all grades.

My next JOB was COMMUNITY EDUCATION COORDINATOR for Utah State University-Uintah Basin when we moved to Roosevelt after my marriage to Allen. I loved organizing, taking and teaching some classes in a wide variety of topics: computers, writing your life story, photography, guitar, calligraphy, flower arranging, water color, weaving, basketry, petroglyph study, photoshop, wood carving, woodwork, jewelry making, cooking, etc. It was fun to find qualified teachers for various classes and actually learning new skills helped prepare me for retirement hobbies.

During the years, I've received my share of CRITICISMS also which can stop you dead in your tracks or be a GREAT TEACHER to help you improve. But I'm most thankful for loving friends and family who along the way have ENCOURAGED me and COMPLIMENTED ME. Take some time today to do that. Leave a positive compliment for a friend on a BLOG or in an EMAIL or in PERSON, it will make their day. Also a little kindness to yourself always help. What COMPLIMENT CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF?

2 comments:

  1. You and I have been following each other for a number of years now. I am always amazed at your energy and the joy you bring to your work and blog. I really like your idea of giving out compliments generously, and I do try to do that as much as I can. Words of affirmation are my key love language. I know how important it is to hear those words that speak life and love to our souls and hearts.

    Wishing you a beautiful day, Lin!
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am out and about, I give sincere compliments when I see an opportunity. I never give fake ones. I think we can all sniff out a fake compliment.

    ReplyDelete