Thursday, September 21, 2017

UPDATE

You can tell from my lack of posts that life has sped up for me, but it's all good stuff. Today I got the opportunity of speaking for an upcoming Creative Aging Conference at Dixie State University Oct 12-14. Last year I attended the first annual conference and found it very interesting with lots of classes for us elderly people to improve our lives with art, exercise, therapy, etc., but no writing or poetry activities. So, I suggested that they include the literary arts, but when the schedule came out for this year-there were no poetry classes. Guess what-I got asked to teach one. Serendipity-there was one unfilled time spot. Also found a new unused photo of me from a few years back for the program that I like-see above. So I'll be teaching:
WORDS CAN HEAL: DISCOVER YOUR CREATIVE VOICE-Do you long to rekindle the desire to express yourself, discover who you really are and free your spirit to fly to new heights? Learn how to explore your inner voice through Morning Pages (Julia Cameron free association journaling) and then create a collection of words to play with using free verse poetry. It’s easy, fun and fulfilling.

1 comment:

  1. Could you offer this perhaps online for those of us who cannot attend? I would love to learn more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete