A place to share my writings, poems, photos, family history, express opinions, and connect with others
Monday, August 15, 2016
Back to SCHOOL time
Well, it's that time of year for the kiddos to head back to school. This year I have twin grand daughters heading off to COLLEGE away from home for new EXCITING-SCARY experiences. Plus a young grand daughter starting FIRST GRADE and her little brother going back to PRESCHOOL. I used to teach and work as an elementary school librarian before I retired in 1994 when I remarried. Wow, that been 22 years ago. I'm amazed at how fast the years fly by...but I CONTINUE TO SEEK learning and knowledge in my life. How?
1. READING: newspapers, blogs, scriptures, good books.
2. TEACHING: mostly in my church-gives you an opportunity to learn new things, explore new topics and LEARNING more about topics that interest me like COMPUTERS.
3. WRITING: blogs, journals, emails, and poetry.
4. COMMUNICATING with loved ones and friends through spoken words.
5. SERENDIPITY: exploring new opportunities/hobbies/experiences that come along.