Monday, July 27, 2015

Getting Ready to Travel

Soon I'l be going on my first cruise, going to Alaska with my son Daniel, dg-in-law Tina and four of my grandkids. Lots to do to get ready. Trying to figure out how to use my I-pad to upload photos as I won't be taking a laptop alone. Good excuse to do some learning I've been putting off. Want to find out how to synch all my computer-desktop, laptop and i-pad. No i-phone yet still learning how to do the other stuff and don't want to pay for internet service on my phone. That will come eventually. I'm sure.

Leaving this Sat for Las Vegas airport via shuttle then to Seattle by plane, catching a bus to the pier all before 4 pm Seattle time when the ship leaves. Won't have time to visit with family in Washington this trip. My son Brook is off to Taiwan unfortunately and my step daughter Sarah and her family live in Redmond. My hubby isn't a fan of cruise ships so he'll stay home and work on his little cruise ship which is coming along nicely.

Here's the schedule for our trip. Sat-lv Seattle, Tues-Ketchikan, Wed-Juneau and Sawyer Glacier, Th- Skagway, Fri-Victoria BC and Sat-Seattle and flying home that afternoon. Lots to see with side trips  and activities aboard the ship Norwegian Jewel. Will try to blog and do Facebook with my I-pad. BON VOYAGE!

5 comments:

  1. Have a great cruise! We took a cruise to Alaska several years ago and loved it. Ours took us to Ketchikan, Juneau, Fairbanks (by air), down through Denali, to Anchorage, then Vancouver. Lots of spectacular scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy! My daughter lives in Seattle, too. I guess someday I'll have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a visitor sister from Alaska last Sunday, that is how close I have come to where you are going. Hope and wish you get a safe trip and are really enjoying yourself! Looking forward to see pictures and know what you will be up to. When are you coming back home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to get a special attachment to upload photos from your SD card to your iPad. Here's the Amazon address to show you what it looks like.
    http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Card-Camera-Reader/dp/B009WHV3I0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438238658&sr=8-1&keywords=sd+ipad+card+reader

    ReplyDelete