Monday, February 20, 2012

Splat again...

Walking home from my line dancing class
I was tired; nearing my front door suddenly
I found myself making a three point landing on
the unforgiving uneven cement of my driveway.
What a surprise, of course my body automatically
tried to protect itself and break the fall.
Sometimes that can break some appendages,
luckily I escaped with only a sprained ankle.

Although my left knee and right thumb
broke my fall and still hurt, with ice applied
and a little time they are feeling better.
Just another experience to add to my "interesting" life.

Lying face down on the ground, my first response
was: did anyone see or hear me letting out
such unladylike language? Thankfully no, and
no one came to pick me up but little old me!

This happened last Saturday, amazing how healing time is...
A reminder to slow down and watch my steps more carefully.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you were not injured seriously, but a sprain is bad enough. It's funny that our first thought is, "Did anyone see me?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange, but as we age it seems we sometimes fall for no apparent reason and with no warning. I've done it. It's good that you weren't more seriously injured and are healing well (although we do that more slowly now too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are fine .I remember something very similar that happened to you few months ago too .Please take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO!! You fell and hurt yourself while I had my chickadees
    staying with me and didn't even know until I read about it this very minute.

    So happy you didn't have some serious injury...or put any dents in that face I have come to know and love.

    Take care of you... I will write you tomorrow. Believe it or not, it's only 700 and I'm heading for bed. This has been a fabulous, fun, and productive four days, but, I am completely exhausted!

    Take care of you, Lin..... no more spills on the sidewalks of St George, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're right as rain in no time! You have a great outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uff-dah! Falling is not fun. I hope your owies get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no..I am so sorry but glad you weren't seriously hurt Lin..healing hugs you way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Been there and done that...twice!! I was on the ground before I realized what had happened. And yes it has affected the way I walk, etc. And I thought I was careful BEFORE my two flying leaps. I am so happy that you didn't break anything. Sit down and relax a bit. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete