Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Art Journal

More ZENTANGLE designs...

They are unlimited doodle designs, click to enlarge.

Fun and relaxing to explore, copy or make your own.

Drawing faces is a struggle plus shading use.

Stencils and practice=improvement

Now for Art Journaling...using a
watercolor background and stencil fun plus a poem.

The assignment was to cut out in magazines clothes you like.

Making collages and word collections+poems.

Feels like elementary school art projects.

Loosening up a little with textures and words.

How do I have time for art? By making time for it, it's relaxing...
BALANCE in all things. Even hubby below has found a new hobby.

He's gluing parts of his boat together, this will be a looong process!

7 comments:

  1. Fascinating world of art journal.I loved the phrase 'making time for' ,have been trying to make time for the things that I love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how the boat was coming.. I love the doodles and especially the bird..maybe we have to go back to some child-like projects to really find out inner creative self...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your art journals. I suspect you are amazed, at times, by the beauty you create.
    (How do I delete those irritating hoops to jump through before leaving a comment on my blog? I didn't even realize they exist.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both you and your husband are finding wonderful ways to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you've both got your creative juices going and enjoying your lovely retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the zentangle....exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh... what a wonderful glimpse of your art journal. We love it.

    Ever since I first read that you were taking a class with Caryn, I've been thinking about doing something myself. So I've been imagining possibilities.

    I agree, it feels a little like elementary school art projects. Fun!

    ReplyDelete