Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Falls and Lessons

Whether it's a physical fall with resulting pain or
an emotional mishap, there is learning that can take place.
Each experience here on earth is for our benefit
IF we don't reject it, but look for the INSIGHTS that can come.

I had to chuckle as my 92 year old aunt told me of her
tumble with a shopping cart in Walmart last week.
Being more than 20 years younger I could still relate
to the shock of normal activities like walking being dangerous.

The need to slow down, move more carefully and
consider my behavior BEFORE I speak or act is being
reinforced in my life. Perhaps too forcefully but I'm
listening and open to improving along with a few bruises.

I'm feeling much BETTER and even went shopping yesterday.
My ankle isn't sore just my right thumb, so I'm teaching
my left thumb to hit the space bar-a unique experience.
I'm committing to SLOWING DOWN and enjoying each day more.

5 comments:

  1. I'll join your slow down club. I have really slowed down in the last 2 years. I am enjoying retirement , my family and all the things I still have to do. Its my time to enjoy life to the fullest and I hope you continue to enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about constantly learning isn't it? I don't think we ever arrive:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in the garage Monday morning...and wished I knew some good swear words. but it was all about the whole reason for the fall, and the morning, and the things I needed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thumb can take a while to heal as I found out..glad things are improving and hope the thumb does quickly..Love the clip art you choose..

    ReplyDelete