Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Moving on..

Digging out of a slump slowly,
will I be rejected or accepted?
Does it matter, is my life to be lived
dependent on the whims of others?
I certainly hope not, that puts them
in charge of me and under their control.
ACT don't REACT; take the lessons given.

I did this week receive a lovely thank you note from my friend Caryn's son who stayed in our guest casita after the holidays while Caryn's large family were filling her small rental home to overflowing. He said:

Lin, I want to express my sincerest gratitude for you in sharing your place with me these past several days. It was a kindness I will long remember. I wish also to thank you for the friendship you have shown toward my mother. I have heard your name spoken quite highly of on more than one occasion. Again thank you for all you are and have done. Dallin

How sweet-we all need to write more thank you notes and be concerned with building up one another with acceptance and value through our interactions.

6 comments:

  1. So true, Lin. I gave my daughter a fountain pen for Christmas, and she loves to write with it. I think I will make a gift of one to myself to enjoy the same pleasure and to share the joy as you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receiving such a lovely note should help with slump busting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thank you note, Lin. I guess I would expect that from any of Caryn's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mother always taught me to write TY notes. (and by the way, there is nothing better than a fountain pen...this to your friend Sandy...I have many) After my survival on the icy offramp, I wrote a TY to the TV station for running the info so I knew how to act....and now they want an oncamera interview. Not what i had planned. a TY was all I wanted to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love thank you notes...not e-mail, the real thing...

    ReplyDelete