Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time to Grief

I've noticed lately that many women and men have a need to grief when their beloved companion leaves because of death (and divorce also.) One artist in the art show I saw recently expressed this in her paintings. I picked up on this emotion in my poems to go with her art. Her works were collages using metal, fabric and other materials with words written in the background. I used some of these words in my poems. Artwork by Fae Ellsworth.

CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD

Why? The question of my heart.
sobbing in my aloneness
grieving for lost dreams,
broken promises, images are
frozen in my world.

I loved him, I lost him
as I retreat within to heal.
Will I find harmony again,
a wholeness from broken pieces,
the meaning of my existence?

Alone covered with a shawl of darkness
vision dimmed, yet I reach out.
Why? He was the center of my world.
Now I am nothing, lost in time.
The answer comes quietly, Find you.

LIFE’S LESSONS LEARNED

Reaching for God’s comfort
touched by sudden tragedy
finding balance seems impossible
friends appear to assist
days turn into weeks then years
yet no guardian angel comes
to assist with answers

This next piece was very modernistic and colorful.

I read on CNN the other day Steve Jobs last words which I'd like to quote here. Even as he struggled physically in his last hours, his sister said, "there was also sweet Steve's capacity for wonderment, the artist's belief in the ideal, the still more beautiful later. He was working at this, too. Death didn't happen to Steve, he achieved it. With his family surrounding him, Simpson said, Jobs' last words were: 'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow. '"

1 comment:

  1. Your poem is very moving Lin...and I like the unusual art as I have not seen anything quite like that. How wonderful that there are so many ways to express ourselves....Michelle

    ReplyDelete