Sunday, October 23, 2011

Poetry Workshop in Kanab

What a busy weekend as I took off for a Poetry Workshop in Kanab, Utah about 1.5 hrs from home. A poet friend Marilyn and I went to the meetings and stayed overnight Friday returning after the workshop on Saturday. After all the driving and learning, I'm exhausted. Marilyn treated me a great dinner in Kanab.

It was an opportunity to try to sell my books, meet new people, and make contacts on the local and state level to further some poetry ideas I have. We enjoyed listening to discussions on how to write better poems and participated in a poetry reading time where we each shared some of our original poems. Time away from home responsibilities to be creative.

2 comments:

  1. I love your clothes and jewelry..and your meal in Kanab interested me...looked very savory. Of course, I am always impressed by what you are involved in...you surely use your talents well. By the way, thanks for all the comments you leave on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do get around and do so many interesting things..I love to follow you in your adventures especially as my mobility is more limited...hugs..

    ReplyDelete