Sunday, October 9, 2011

Value of Photos

I realize more all the time that being a photographer or at least having my camera near puts me in the mode of looking more carefully at life. Finding the beauty, wonder and uniqueness of all that surrounds me. Be it people, scenery or small things. I remember taking a water color class once and it made me so aware of the colors that are in even the dullest of landscapes as you try to reproduce them and realize it's not that easy. Going on vacation I love to take photos to look at and enjoy later. I still have many photos yet to show you of my trip to Iceland but for today I'll post some snaps of our trip to Santa Fe, NM recently.

Crossing Indian tribal lands in Arizona

I love the red rocks of this area

Monument Valley from a distance

5 comments:

  1. That is one amazing landscape. Your photos are impressive, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it does make you look at things differently Lin..I love the red colors as we don't have anything like that here in NY..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you know how much I love photography. I sometimes have to just leave my camera at home and get a more total experience, because I am always framing views with my camera eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The American Southwest is so photogenic, isn't it? Love your shots and I can't wait to see more of your work from Santa Fe. The colors in the landscape is magical indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photos, Lin! You've reminded me to give my son a call. I wish we were visiting him in NM.

    ReplyDelete