Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saturday SHOPPING

Last Saturday, I talked my husband into going to the local Farmer's Market with me. Usually I can't budge him out of the house, but I think he needed a rest from all his labors working on fixing all the holes in the walls of our garage where we had new insulation installed. It's quite a project and labor intensive as it requires working on a ladder and attaching lathes and screws together in each hole (50 altogether.) Then he'll need to plaster over them and paint. But it will look lovely when done and then we'll have a split ac-heat pump installed to cool and heat the garage so he have a workshop to build a rowing-sailing wooden boat!!!

Back to shopping, we headed off early about 9 am to Ancestor's Square's Market in downtown St. George. It was cooler today only 80 degrees so it was quite nice. I bought some fresh apricots and cherries. Later we went to lunch at Jimmy John's-my favorite subway sandwich.

Lots of crafty things to check out.

Lots of homemade jewelry to buy.

Free entertainment and lots of shade and green grass
to enjoy while listening to jazz music.

This little boy was watching his younger sister and holding on to her.
I watched him almost dump her in the wading pool.
Cute kids, mom was nearby-thankfully.

Then we headed over to beautiful Tuachan's Sat. Market
in the red rocks near Snow Canyon and mostly windowed shopped.
I did buy a fun wooden necklace made in Costa Rica.

5 comments:

  1. great day, the sunshine was wonderful for shopping outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it all... why wasn't I there? I love Farmer's Markets. The Sat Market at Tuachan has been sort of ho hum the last several times I went so it doesn't make me feel quite as bad for missing it. Wayne buys lots of fruit at Farmer's Markets... way more than he'd buy at Smith's. And he buys me flowers too... so we would have had a good time. Or maybe you and I could have played and shopped a little bit too.

    But, it's super nice that you and Allen had a fun day together... so I'll let my envy green fade into a happy for you shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was loads of fun. It's just the sort of thing I'd have loved to have done too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey...go back. I want one of those lovely bracelets. I'll send you $$

    ReplyDelete