Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Learning about INTEGRITY

I'm studying The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
The first agreement is Be Impeccable with Your Word.
To me that means integrity and honesty, but it's so much more.
Words represent your power to express and communicate.

It's also what I've called in other posts FINDING your VOICE.
Words can create if used impeccably or destroy if used unwisely.
Words are continually being planted in our minds from others
and also from ourselves: seeds of deceit or seeds of love.

I realize that too often I swallow my words afraid to let them out,
fearful of offending someone but this only traps them inside me.
Writing can help me express what is within my thought process,
releasing them with a safe friend or place as in prayer helps me.

Blaming or judging myself or others doesn't build but only
destroys, plants doubts and fears within that lead to rejection.
Being honest includes not lying especially to myself but always
being unconditionally acceptant of myself and others.

Lots to work on...
Happy Birthday to Katherine today!

4 comments:

  1. I learn so much from you everyday.Thanks you so much :)
    Hope your husband's health is fine now.tc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love the simplicity of that book? I was at the bookstore yesterday and saw he has a new book with a 5th agreement. You'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a HUGE challenge. Thanks for sharing it. I needed this post.

    ReplyDelete