Thursday, March 17, 2011

Think GREEN

It's St. Patrick's day again
that wonderful time of year
when things start to get GREEN,
blossoms are bursting forth.

SPRING is trying to arrive
as we all have waited patiently
for the end of the long winter.
Then it's on to summer.


I will have the opportunity in AUGUST
to travel to Iceland to visit the homeland
of my maternal great grandmother and her ancestors.
What an opportunity-to find my roots.


I understand that Greenland is quite icy,
and ICELAND is quite green; but it's a secret
started by the vikings to keep others away from
a beautiful land of hot springs and glaciers.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful. A great trip to look forward to and plan for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda;

    OH Gosh, how exciting for you.
    Those Vikings were pretty smart fellas.
    Happy St Paddy's day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! My son, who has traveled extensively was just telling us a while ago that we needed to get ourselves to Iceland because it's such a great place, yet unspoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother spent a year in Greenland while in the Air Force...brrr! Looking forward to seeing those pictures I am sure you will take.

    ReplyDelete