Monday, March 7, 2011

Redecorating

Hidden behind the furniture is just the folding screen I've been looking for. I finally located one that I really like at PIER ONE IMPORTS-one of my favorite places to shop. It looks somewhat Southwestern with it's carved patterns and is made of wood probably from Indonesia.

We live in a small retirement home with a combined dining and living room. Because of where the TV is located, built into a shelf, there is no way to move the furniture anywhere. So I got the BRIGHT IDEA of getting a folding screen to separate the dining area from the living room.

Luckily I had my husband around as he was very supportive in my buying the divider. Then he was there to help load it into the car and get it home and setup. He took quite a bit of interest in its placement which was fun for a change and gave me some ideas about how to make the new area work.

I love sitting in the living room and being cut off from the dining and kitchen area and vice versa. Sometimes it doesn't take much for me to be happy!!

11 comments:

  1. I really like it. I'd get one myself for the same purpose, but we'd most likely knock it over and break it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dividers a beautiful solution, Lin. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. It looks great and gives the room/s a whole new look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I really like that a lot. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the divider, very handsome. Your room looks very nice with it, a very pretty room and so cheery looking. I also like the grouping of plants. Isn't it great when one finds something that is just what they were looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is beautiful! Perfect! Your home is lovely and spacious:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That screen is beautiful, and it's perfect in your home. Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that place, too. The furniture takes my imagination to the tropics, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as artistic as it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like the divider and love Pier One if only to look...

    ReplyDelete