Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New POEMS are coming

What is poetry, anyway?
It can be different each day.
Sometimes it rhymes;
sometimes it doesn’t.

Full of silliness or sad,
it can flowery or mad.
Free verse or special forms,
but always it’s expressive
A condensed way of speaking,
kind of like cell phone texting.
Less words makes it more interesting,
although some poetry is overdone

Full of fancy words to entertain.
Sonnets and limericks are such forms.
Shakespeare had a way with words,
but then so did Dr. Seuss

You can write poetry too.
Only if you dare to look inside.
Can you write or type on a computer?
Why not try it today to find magic in your life.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love April...Poetry month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't remember this about April. I think your poem is a great way to kick off this Poetry Month, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Lin. I used to write poetry 40 years ago. Sigh. Perhaps I'll try again someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My great-grandma liked to write poetry and I will have to put up some of them...

    ReplyDelete