Saturday, September 18, 2010

Girls nite out

My cousin Marion and I met in SLC where I'm going for a writers conference. We're doing the town-sightseeing, dining and will see the movie 'Eat, Pray, Love" with Julia Roberts. I read the book, then we'll have most of the next day to sightsee and do whatever-lots of talking. We've known each other since we were kids living in So. California. We've shared our lives from playing dolls to marrying to divorcing to remarrying to empty nesting.


We took a tour of the LDS Conference Center which is near the Church's headquarters and across from the Salt Lake temple and the new Family History Library. What a huge building that holds 21,000 in the audience for conferences. Completed in 2000, it's truly beautiful with an extensive 10 acre arboretum on the rooftop, gorgeous views in every direction as well as a collection of magnificent religious artwork, and architecture of granite to match the nearby temple.

Beautiful surroundings, well kept flowers, gorgeous buildings and the Spirit of the Lord is there on Temple Square-what more could you ask for on a beautiful autumn day walking around Salt Lake City?

5 comments:

  1. beautiful photos and such spiritual places....the temple is so divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pix. the kaleidiscope makes me dizzy but it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're having such a good time, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have read the book as my daughter sent it to me, but haven't seen the movie..I enjoyed your slide shows...those really are awe inspiring sites...

    ReplyDelete