Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cooking Again

I figure I've been cooking for 50 years at least. Starting with my college days living in a dorm where my roommates taught me how to cook. Never taken many cooking classes but now I'm interested. I realize there is a whole world of cooking and eating (my favorite part) that I can explore since I'm the designated COOK. So I'm taking a variety of classes at the local Bosch center and loving it. Buying a few gadgets to make it easier-like a pressure cooker-no more tough meat for me. Never in my life was I taught how to use one though my mom always did. Guess I didn't have time then, but now I have lots of it.

Our cooking teacher Lacey is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
I love her recipes.

Yummy salad with nectarines, raspberries, blueberries and a tangy vanilla bean dressing.

Great curry chicken salad with tomatoes, onions, and other delightful edibles.

My own recipe for casadeas-refried beans with jalapenos, chopped green onions, sliced tomatoes, cheddar cheese grated, taco sauce on whole wheat tortillas. Fry in pan and turn over, serve and eat. Could add chicken or other meat precooked. YUMMY and easy!
(PS For those asking about my last article-the dome still stands in So. California and my former husband built another dome in Santa Fe, NM.)

9 comments:

  1. I've never taken a cooking class but would love to. I love quesadilllas, so I just might try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pressure cooker is an absolute necessity in our household. My mother always used one, I've always used one, and my daughter uses one.

    Looks like you're having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cooking and would love to join a class on baking.Waiting for another year ,hopefully i will have more free time than .

    The pictures are good ...tells me that you are getting to eat a lot of great food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat... a number of years ago Rick and I took some classes at our Bosch Kitchen center. Breads and soups, I think it was.

    Your pics tell a delicious story.

    Happy Exploring.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe looks wonderful. I cook,but only because I have to. I know if I wanted to everything would taste better. Again, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never taken a cooking class either. All that food looks absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lin, what a great idea to take local cooking classes! Since you are new to your pressure cooker, I would like to invite you to come visit my recipe website. I have created it just for beginner pressure cookers with step-by-step photographed recipes. Try one, and then come back to comment on how it turned out for you!

    http://www.hippressurecooking.com/

    ReplyDelete