Sunday, September 5, 2010

Customer Un-Service

Well I ran across an old Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 CD
that I'd used in the past and loved for making books,
but when I got my new Mac OS 10 operating system
I couldn't use it. So I thought-I'll upgrade it, and I did.

Went online and found there was a Pagemaker 7.0
and ordered it, then I thought again "what if it doesn't
work with my new OS10?" I read more and found out
it doesn't, but I had ordered it by using my credit card.

"Oh no!" Well it was only 5-10 minutes later, so I decided
to call CUSTOMER SERVICE to see if they would
cancel my order and the representative said "NO!"
it was TOO LATE. Well-I persisted and so did she.

A LITTLE bit irritated, I checked the Adobe website
again for an email or other contact info and finally
found a way to send a personal note telling them
of my predicament and asking for their help.

Well, within 10 minutes I received an email back
and they had cancelled my order even though the
rep. on the phone had said "It wasn't at all possible."
Grr! Sometimes you have to persist and not give in.

P.S. A day later, I received a shipping notice that
my CD is on its way and they have charged me
for it according to my bank statement. So now all
I have to do is return it, and hope they refund me.

3 comments:

  1. Good that you are being refunded.Last year we had a tough time getting our money back on an online air ticket cancellation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I hope everything gets resolved. I wonder if you can just "refuse" the package and it will just return back to its origin. I have been told by customer service at an on-line shop to do that, regarding an item I wanted to cancel. That way I didn't have to open it only to reseal it and pay postage to send it back. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! Now that is aggravating!

    ReplyDelete