Friday, August 27, 2010

Cooking Challenge

I'm trying my best to eat healthier which includes more veggies, less meat and carbs although veggies are carbs. Learned that watermelon and pineapple are not good for diabetics to eat. Nuts are great and anything with fiber. Here's my meal the other day using leftovers I stir fried yellow squash, sweet onions, carrots, and green beans with brown rice. Adding a little Italian seasoning, it was a tasty meal. I had cracker bread with butter for more fiber. Now what to fix for dinner?

Notice my blueberry place mats that a step mother of my sister-in-law who lives in Maine gifted us several years ago when we visited her near Augusta. I've been attending some vegan cooking classes to get ideas for how to fix more vegetables...What's your favorite meal?

13 comments:

  1. Veggies are the carbs that are the best...it is not refined like rice, potatoes, white pasta & white sugar...eat lots of veggies, fruits & some meat like turkey & chicken breast...this will help you loose weight. Also stay away from bread especially white bread, eat wheat bread. good luck and check my vegan blog for the latest recipes and food photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow squash is my favorite vegetable. I find a lot of recipes have so many ingredients it's not worth the effort. I like simple things.

    Looks like you're doing great. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely meal...

    So many people dealing with the need to eat differently for health reasons sure could learn from you!

    You make it a challenge and a joy to find the things that will work and still be fun to eat!

    Do you teach this at all? You'd be great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin, just popped on over from Kay's blog and have enjoyed my visit. This looks very nice. I'm trying to eat healthier myself these days and I am always looking for ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't cook lunch, only dinner. But fruit of vegetables are a part of every meal in some form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We keep trying different healthy foods here. My husband got his blood work back this week and his numbers were fantastic so I know we are doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very inviting ! Cheers to healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the placemats. I love table cloths and always cloth napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eggplant filled with ground lamb is my favorite food.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...vegan..how interesting. I have to say that I love my own home-made lasagna...I make the sauce, not the pasta...love it....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh oh! Watermelons and pineapples are not good? Doggone it! I love them.

    ReplyDelete