Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lake Tahoe, California


Across the vast desert of Nevada, you finally bump into the Sierra Nevada mountains. We stayed at Carson City, Nevada then up and over the snow covered mountains that divide the desert from Calfornia-land of opportunity for many and where the gold rush of earlier years started a great western migration to seek riches from all over the world. A few of my ancestors came this way but stopped in Utah and settled down.

Lake Tahoe is a beautiful area at the top of the mountains 6200 ft. that is quite the tourist place these days but it's lovely with it's blue lake and pine trees. Loved one of the signs that said "bear crossing" but was happy not to see any. On to visit family in No. California.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like it is still winter there. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful views! Gosh with all the traveling I'm following my "to see" list is getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtakingly beautiful...awesome.Thanks for sharing this .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots. I've long wanted to see the Lake Tahoe area. Now I really, really want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. There's so much beauty in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given you a "blog award":

    http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2010/04/just-for-funa-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm catching up. I see that you are on the road again. We traveled over Tioga Pass west to east from CA to Nevada. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure did need that dose of snow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful even with the snow. no wonder the rich and famous visit there

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is snowing right here...right now!

    ReplyDelete