Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Letting Go...

There definitely comes a TIME
to LET GO of certain things that
no longer work. That's CHANGE
and the process is called LIFE.

After 50 years of RESEARCHING
my ROOTS and writing histories,
it's time to DISTRIBUTE my work
VIA ancestry and local collections.


After 2 years of WRITING a weekly COLUMN and monthly magazine articles, it's time to turn to POETRY for new GROWTH and stimulation.

Focusing on leaving a LEGACY for my FAMILY and grandchildren
is where I'm at. How can I SHARE my LOVE of our ancestors with them?

What CHANGES do you need in your life?
(Photos of twin grand dgs-Heather + Emilee)

4 comments:

  1. I cycle through all my interests. I have my genealogy work organized and ready to pick up where I left off. Right now I'm not doing much with it but it's never far away.

    Last October I flew from Oregon to Texas to do a dedication service for the installation of two grave stones for grandmothers who'd never had stones in the 85 and 108 years since their death. Granchildren came from 6 states for that event. I did a lot of family history work leading up to that.

    I did a writing class and a poetry class but I was bad at poetry. Won't be doing that again, and have no desire to write other than my blog.

    I go on knitting binges from time to time but have pretty much settled down to knitting socks.

    I guess my newest thing is broadening my reading world, learning to enjoy fiction.

    We have to keep moving or we stagnate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, to follow the challenge of letting go in many areas of my life. Its ongoing I know, but its time to drop the huge weight off my shoulders. Then I can go on to enjoy some newly opened doors and windows to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to focus more on weight control, but otherwise I'm good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changes...more attention toward my health....especially weight. Cute photos Lin....Michelle

    ReplyDelete