Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines almost


I decided to send my grandkids valentine cards this year. I enclosed a photo of them and a little poem written for each one using the letters in their name. I tried to rhyme every other verse. For myself I made a collage of their photos and had Walmart print me out a mousepad-now I can look at all their smiling faces while I'm on the computer working on my writing. It wasn't that hard to do. They walk you through the process on www.walmart.com in the photo dept. Cost was $10 and it was ready in less than a week. Here's the poems:

Enthusiastic
Musical
Intelligent and
Loving that’s our gal
Emilee. She and Heather are twins
Eternally, and to each other a pal


Hardworking
E
ver learning
Always asking
The hard questions
Heather is shyer and
Emilee’s twin sister
Reading-she loves thrillers

Noisy, curious,
Always learning
That’s my oldest grandson
Hatching ideas for playing
All the time looking for
New adventures in living


Happy and busy, Hakan’s
An athlete with winning wishes
Knowing how to ski
And play soccer, he even fishes
Not living close, he’s missed lots



Just a little cutie with
A great big smile
Mischievous boy
Ever busy all the while
Smiling as he goes




Little and lovely
Only just arrived
Right from our Father
In Heaven, she’s loved
Eternally and forever
Nice and quiet, she'll thrive

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU .And i have a message for Emilee,Heather,Nathan,Hakaan,James and Lorien...you all have one special thing in common...a wonderful grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very creative grandmother. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very thoughtful and creative thing to do for your grandchildren Lin....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. These are beautiful. You are such a loving person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day to you! What absolutely loving and lovely poems to your dear grandchildren. The poems are simply beautiful. How lucky you all are to be a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very creative person, Lin. I enjoy your ideas and willingness to share. What a good person you are!

    ReplyDelete