Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Blessing

Yesterday we gathered as a family to officially name and give a blessing to the latest edition in our family. (Photo on left of Daniel and Tina's family with kids Emilee, Heather, Nathan and James. Daniel was the cook and fixed a lovely breakfast and a super spaghetti and meatball dinner for after the church gathering.)

Lorien Amaya, the first child and daughter of Jeff and Rachel is in the photo on the right in her lovely white blessing dress. She was born Dec 28, 2009 in American Fork, Utah. A sweet quiet and calm spirit Lorien is growing quickly and it's so fun to watch her eyes and wonder how she views the world as others smile and coo over her.

At church on Sunday, she was surrounded by the men in our family who hold the priesthood, then her father Jeff officially named her and blest her. Now her name is on the records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, when she is 8 years old she can be baptized.

I recall when I was a little babe, I was blest and named in church, then at age 8. I was baptized but my conversion didn't happen until a later time when I reached college age. Lorien will raised in the church from her birth which is a great blessing. Both of her parents are returned missionaries. (Photo above of me and my 11 yr. old grand daughters: l-r Emilee and Heather.)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations...Lorein is really lucky to be raised in church.The pictures are beautiful.You look so lovely .My regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice time in the life of a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great post. God bless that baby. She is blessed with a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hill Cumorah Pageant is held every July in Palmyra, NY. I have seen this spectacular show 3 times over 20 years, and I'm thinking it is put on by your church[Latter Day Saints]. Ever heard of it...am I correct on that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you all. What lovely photos. And Lorien is truly blessed to be part of such a family, one who values their church and its relationship in their lives. All of your grandchildren are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the photos and little Lorien is growing up so fast. I got baptized as an infant and didn't know about the customs in your Church... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos, Lin! I love that name. Lorien is absolutely adorable. What fun to have twin grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete