Friday, January 22, 2010

SLOW DOWN


Overscheduled again, just too many things
to do...difficult to say no or sorry I can't
but necessary at times, even though I sometimes
think I can do it all, I can't and don't want too.
Priorities again rise to the top after being
stuffed down by the pressures of urgency.


Relationships are most precious but easy
to ignore and neglect, if forgotten about.
So I push the pause button, stop rushing
about, take time to consider my ways and
wonder aloud, What am I doing with my time?
Then I see you sitting there overlooked by me.

5 comments:

  1. Relationships seem to come last for me, too. I think it's like neglecting myself. The people I love are so close to me that it's like neglecting myself. But it's wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa.... good thought Lin! Really captured by your last line "then I see you sitting there overlooked by me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your clip art...I don't think we had to our chore list.. 'spend time with loved ones' and that should be at the top of the list...

    ReplyDelete