Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Comm. Ed. Class

I can't believe it, I finally got enough students for another community ed. class. This one is quite timely for January and New Year's resolutions "BECOME A HEALTHIER SLIMMER YOU" based on Julia Cameron's book "Write yourself the Right Size." I got her book last January and have lost 24 pounds this past year and kept it off. So it works.

Doing my own publicity work with articles in the newspaper probably helped me get more students plus telling everyone I knew about my class. It's called marketing and it takes effort and courage to reach out to others. But what else is new? So wish me luck on my class. It goes for 8 sessions and will last until March. I hope to see less of me by then also. LOL!

If you'd like to join the class, get Julia's book and work along with us. It's all about the negative self talk that we all do to keep us from gaining control of our eating habits and choices. I've been motivated by my pre-diabetes diagnosis and high blood pressure to want to loose weight for health reasons. Then as the weight comes off it feels so good and helps me continue. I love water aerobics and walking my exercise of choice, so it's all working together and now I have a support group to teach and lead.

9 comments:

  1. Your persistance and hard work pay off again! You will be good at leading this class, since you have had recent success at it yourself, and you have such empathy for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new course, Lin, as you help others lose and keep it off. It's not easy, I know...either the teaching or the keeping off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I hope the class goes well and you continue to lose the weight you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you are a wonderful teacher. I will have to look into that book as I am on a diet...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Julia! And go, you. That is wonderful. I am happy for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I would love to attend your class! Who better to teach than you, one who has traveled that road already! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go, girl! If I lived closer, I'd sign up! I'm thinking that the students couldn't get a better motivator!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went looking for that book last year and didn't find it (well, I could have checked on amazon).... now you jog my memory to try again.

    I love to think that you lost 24 pounds and it's staying off. I'm working on downsizing myself this year too, not with dieting, but with making better food choices and including more exercise in my week. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete