Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm learning lots...

Went to two very informative activities today. The first was a computer class locally about picnik which is a FREE software program online that does photoshop work easier. This class was so interesting, and opened up many new creative possibilities to my mind with photographs. Making collages and artistic interpretations. Check it out.

This evening I went to a Dixie Archeology club meeting and watched a very informative video of the local Shivwits Paiute Indians followed by a question and answer period then a short concert of some traditional songs sung in the Paiute language by a young Indian man who has been singing since he was 4 or 5. Fascinating.

I love listening to others tell about their life's experiences in different cultures. An amazing day full of learning and expanding my knowledge of this marvelous world we live in.

6 comments:

  1. New learning can be so invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a blessing to constantly enjoy learning. We have that in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you're always open to learning and hearing what others have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great things there, Lin. Picnik is a lot of fun. The very small subscription rate for the expanded version of this resource is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many wonderful interests. I am always intrigued as to what you will be sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to check out this picnik. I also like to learn about others experiences and cultures..

    ReplyDelete