Friday, January 1, 2010

Gratitude

The two youngest grandchildren in my family met each other. Below my son Daniel holds the new baby as his son James age 3 gets acquainted with his new cousin Lorien Amaya-the first child of my youngest son Jeffrey and his wife Rachel. I'm grateful for the Internet and photos as I've only met this new grandchild virtually so far. Still waiting for better weather to travel north. I hate winter roads. Oops that's a reaction rather than an action.


I'm THANKFUL for many things:

1. FAMILY each one of them: my spouse, children, grandchildren, cousins, in laws, step families, etc.
2. FAITH in my religion and a higher power who is in charge
3. OPPORTUNITIES to teach, blog, learn new things daily
4. CHALLENGES they always teach me more about myself
5. HOME and COMFORTS that I enjoy and take for granted often
6. HEALTH to be able to enjoy all of the above

Below on left is Lorien and on the right her dad Jeffrey as a baby 27 years ago. Now I need a photo of the mom Rachel as a baby to compare...in the bottom photo is Rachel the new mom with my twin grand daughters-Heather holding Lorien and Emilee on the right.










HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL...Dream big (I hope to see all my family together this next summer to help me celebrate my 70th birthday) and believe (it could happen)!

My baby Jeffrey is a daddy now!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your family. and welcome, baby. God bless all of you in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lin! Another year of abundance to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I also have much to be grateful for. I'm feeling positively exuberant today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to start of your family's New Year Lin, a beautiful baby! Great photos of cousins meeting their new cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and the parents on the birth of a beautiful new baby! My prayers are with all of you in 2010. Love the photos.

    Happy New Year to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, Lin! Congratulations on the new beautiful baby doll for your family. I wish you could leave to see her now. She is so adorable.

    By the way, I love the look of your blog. I've been away a week from visiting and there's been so many changes to everybody's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....She is beautiful...love the little bow..you are a very lucky woman..so much love in your family...

    ReplyDelete