Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Teaching Moments

I love those times when you CONNECT with another individual, be it in a formal classroom situation or just normal conversation. Times that you feel impressed with the right words to say to lift another's spirit or reaffirm their self worth. It's happens occasionally for me with my grandkids when they are unplugged. I enjoyed discussing the nativity with them over Christmas. Asking them questions to see if they understood and they all did. Visiting them in person gives me the extra feedback to discern what they are feeling, and know what questions or comments to direct their way. I felt we connected and they understood the REASON behind our celebration this year.


It's wonderful that we each have a heavenly parent who knows us better than we know ourselves. A loving Father who is there at anytime to listen to us as we tell Him our concerns, worries and gives us inspiration or comfort to continue. Yet how many of us take the time to PRAY frevently with faith, and LISTEN for answers which come in many different ways. It could be an insight that clicks in our minds and hearts as we are listening to someone or reading. Life is full of MIRACLES as well as challenges and trials. It's a great learning experience.

I've decided the next volume of my book will be entitled "Looking Back...at Life's Lessons." Thinking back at this past year, I've re-learned again that I need to ACT and not just REACT. I'm in charge of me and others have their free agency. My happiness is not dependent on them but only on my ATTITUDE which can include a grateful heart and unconditional love for all. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

6 comments:

  1. Another very insightful lesson here for me Lin. I too need to remember to ACT not REACT, which I know is a problem with me. That will be one of my challenges to myself in the new year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, I enjoyed your posting..... I agree there's something quite wonderful about being able to share something that you know lifts and encourages another heart. It's one of the truest joys.

    Your next volume sounds very interesting...... looking back at life's lessons. Happy Writing and Pondering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just taught me plenty. I am going to take this lesson to heart. thank you, Lin. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you always strive to grow and develop your strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for you..another book and I have trouble putting a paragraph together...Good that you take the time to talk to the children...I don't think that parents always take the time to do that...Michelle

    ReplyDelete