Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Humanitarian projects


I'm having fun working on some Raggedy Ann dolls for needy children for Christmas-a church project. Using old yarn I have stored from past years, I'm making loops and then sewing them onto the doll's head for colorful hair. Reminds me of pioneer dolls.


Feels good to be doing something to make someone else's holiday happy. I don't think I ever had a Raggedy Ann doll but they are cute and simple. Another project that some of the young men in our church locally are doing is asking for used donated bikes then fixing them up to give to needy families. We need to involve our kids and grandkids in more projects like this.

7 comments:

  1. Lin, this is such a wonderful project you are involved in. What joy these dolls will bring to little girls on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you show the generosity of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are delightful. I have my fabric dolls from childhood. They are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin..this brings back a wonderful memory. Our former long time neighbor used to make this type of doll and donate them.. She made a larger one for my daughter when she was about 4 years old and she loved that doll..we still have it... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I can just imagine how happy you'll be making some little children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an inspiration, and plant seeds in your bloggers' minds that continue to 'pay it forward'[so to speak.]

    ReplyDelete