Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Time for an Adventure

Amazing how busy we can get at times with kids, grandkids, hobbies, meetings, friends, etc and forget to spend fun time with our closest family member-our HUBBY. Writing my husband's life story as helped him become a bigger priority in my life as we are working together to edit and compile his history. It's also helping me get to know him and his family background as we've been married 16 years so far. Marriage is probably one of the most important relationships we have in our lives. (Click to make photo collages larger.)


My spouse is perfectly content to hibernate at home, spending hours watching sports on TV and working on designing projects on his computer. It takes some effort to plan an outing or adventure. Yesterday I decided it was time to explore outdoors more now that fall/winter temperatures have come to our area. So we went find some rock art nearby that I would like to take visiting family to see sometime. It's called Anasazi Ridge and is near Santa Clara.

8 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. I didn't know it was there. Yesterday's weather was a good day for a bit of exploring too. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly caught the beauty of your area on camera. So glad it's cooled off enough for you to venture out and enjoy your outings more.

    I agree, it's important to plan and create space to enjoy the one who is nearest and dearest.

    BTW, thanks so much for your lovely comments on my last two postings. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful palette of colors in the photos, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure right here in our own setting. I would like some directions so we can visit sometime soon ourselves. It is so important to spend time with your best friend, your spouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Allen have a good time together. I'm glad to see you gathering a few more hours to be in one another's company. The weather looks GREAT!!! It's been beautiful here as well... perfect, actually. I've been told it snowed at the Hollow while I was in California frolicking in the 85 degree weather there. But, I've loved every second of it since I came home. Life is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice "field trip" you took. Lovely scenes and very interesting. How wonderful you and "hubby" are working on such a wonderful project together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all incredibly beautiful, Lin. You and your husband are so good for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the collages Lin..They really look beautiful. I should spend more quality time with hubby.. We sort of exist around each other some of the time. He being busy and me..well not. Good reminder for me....Michelle

    ReplyDelete