Monday, November 2, 2009

Love my family

A special thank you to Daniel who has his family as number one priority or for that matter has our whole family as number one priority. Coming from a broken family because of my divorce, he tries to be a special dad to his four children and I admire his efforts. He always take time from his busy schedule to help me with my computer problems and is a great listening ear and heart. His greatest wish, as is mine, is UNITY in our family. Despite our diversity and distances from each other, we need to make the effort to come together and be thankful for the opportunity of being a family. I love all my sons: Jeffrey, Brook and Frank, and not to forget my daughters-in-laws: Tina, Rachel and Nedret plus all the grandkids: Emilee, Heather, Nathan, Hakan, James, and Lorien still to join our family in Dec. Then there is my husband and my four step daughters-Deborah, Alicia, Katherine and Sarah, and their families. We are trying to blend together our lives as we interact in person and through the Internet. FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

7 comments:

  1. Mine is all a "family of choice" but no less dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin: This post was especially meaningful to me. Through no fault of their own, my three children have been left out of their father's new family, almost as if they do not exist. How very wonderful you have strong family ties. I am so thankful that Mark and his family have taken my children in right from the very beginning and made them part of their family. However, the children hurt because of what has been done to them and as their mom, it breaks my heart. We all need our families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you were the Mother your kids were not from a broken home, but from a home filled with love. Your being a single Mom showed them how to be a wonderful parent...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sentiment mom, it is shared by the family I think! =) It will all work out eventually I think. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. Family is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great family of choice. I am glad you have such a good thing going with your son. He looks like a lovely man. That's a great, happy looking family. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family ties are so important ,creating a loving and caring environment for all those who matter the most .Many of us are forgetting its value and importance over petty issues and materialism when the most valuable thing is already right there...FAMILY.

    Nice to see your family happy and united.

    ReplyDelete