Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Taking/Making Time

As I blogged yesterday about my "annual" visit to see Caryn at her home, she commented that it was too bad we didn't get together more often. I have to chuckle over that because I travel north to visit my family quite often but Caryn isn't on my direct route there, so I have to detour an extra hour to see her which makes for a longer drive home. Caryn on the other hand travels the freeway to California and passes within five minutes of my house but is usually in such a hurry and can't get her hubby to stop long enough for us to visit.


So it's good every once in a while to take a separate weekend trip without hubby along so I can take time for activities I want to do. I did that this past weekend. After a canyon picnic with my aunt and extended family, I took a long detour up and over the mountain instead of returning the shorter distance to the freeway and hurrying off. I unexpectedly found some extra hours free before my next activity. THE POINT is we need to MAKE TIME for SERENDIPITY in our lives. Experiences we don't plan that can give our lives more joy and happiness. Here's some photos from my lovely drive alone over the Wasatch mountains with a view of Utah Lake-see above photo. Plan for some unplanned time...a date with just yourself or a lunch conversation with a friend. You are charge of your TIME and your LIFE!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent point, Lin. I find I don't reserve those times often enough; I let other things get in the way, then I regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin;

    Loved your post this morning , it spoke to me about my life.
    You are so right about going with the flow of life, the serendipity, I feel like I'v'e lost that fun part! Great post to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, and a very inviting drive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very true. Everyone needs "me" time. "Me time" makes me a more relaxed person thus making everyone else around more relaxed! I find "me time" doesn't have to be much, a picnic in the woods with the dog, a shopping/wishful thinking trip, and even sitting up late and reading. Its what you take from that time that is the best reward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true....i wish my husband spends some time for himself..after work he is always busy making all of us happy....
    These pics are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good point Lin..We need to take time to do what is really important...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some alone time... going at your own pace...enjoying life. Good for you...Good for anyone!

    ReplyDelete