Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Take time to make eye contact

Too many of us are rushing through our days unaware of others crying out for help. Read this blog by a new friend from India, Nitu. It touched my heart. Too many are needing just a listening ear or a smile from us or a comment on their blog to help them along their path. We all know of friends or family members who are depressed and possibly suicidal. Look around you and notice the lost ones. Spread a little cheer both blogging and in "real life" with a compliment or comment or question. Take time to be interested in others especially in your own immediate family-maybe that's why we are really here on earth.

6 comments:

  1. Even i was impressed by the post..incidentally we are classmates,passed our dentistry together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such truth. We get so wrapped up in our own worlds and forget to extend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Lin. That is why in my own small way I try to do one nice thing a day for someone else, be it at home, in a store telling the cashier "thanks" like you mean it, letting a car out in front of you in heavy traffic, just simple things. But if everyone just does one nice thing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess you know that I agree with you wholeheartedly!! More peopleneed to reach out to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. Here's a confession. I shopped at TJ Maxx a few days ago, and the clerk who rang up my purchases did not speak to me nor make eye contact until she said, "$37.50."

    I marched over to the manager and complained, saying it's very demeaning to shop at a store where the clerk doesn't make eye contact or even speak to the customer.

    Whether or not the offending clerk every got my message, I don't know.

    ...then I donated blood the next day and told the Red Cross volunteer she'd done an excellent job. I try to give compliments when they're truly earned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will head over to that blog. I try to always make eye contact as I go through my day..You never know how someone may be feeling and a smile or a small kindness may really make a difference...

    ReplyDelete