Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Spring Poem

We are working on different forms of poetry. This is a new one for me somewhat like the Japanese haiku except it is called a tanka and consists of five lines with 5 syllables, then 7, 5, 7 and 7. Really quite a challenge and makes you think and use your words sparingly. Subject is some kind of romantic or nature theme. Try making one, it's fun.

Spring blossoms descend
surrounding us with promises
swirling through the air
sweet scents and possibilities
showers of God's love

9 comments:

  1. Lin;

    I love this peom...I am going to sit down nd try this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, What a lovely poem. And Yes, I think when I go out for coffee this morning, I'm going to try my hand at this form -- see what I come up with.

    Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem, Lin! Going to have to join the others and give it a try!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love this poem, Lin. It's absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of our time in Vancouver with the cherry blossom petals falling all around us. It was definitely a spiritual moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed it, Lin! Love this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh.. I find this post much more to my liking.
    It's hopeful and encouraging and full of gratitude.
    Sweetly and succinctly stated.
    Good job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like manna the blossoms descend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very nice, a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your poem too...I will try to write one..but..I don't know...

    ReplyDelete