Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another month gone

Can you believe it's almost April? Well, before you throw your hands up in the air and say where is the time going? try making a list of TA DAHS as suggested by Julia Cameron in her many books. List some important things you accomplished this past month. Here's my list:

1. FAMILY-visited with Jeff and Rachel plus communicated more via phone calls from son Frank and some fun emails from my grand daughter Heather and daughter-in-law Nedret. Looking forward to Daniel and family who are coming next month to visit.
2. HEALTH-Focused on my blood pressure meds and talked with doctor about new pills, walking almost daily, and have lost 7 pounds since January.
3. FRIENDS-Karen  visited from Roosevelt, we talked  and went to lunch together. Went to a poetry workshop with 3 friends from my Writer's WORDshop group. Meeting new people on my blog.
4. TEACHING-started a new Sunday School family history class with 10 students, finished teaching my Write your Life History with a total of 50 students who came and went-about 5 finished the whole class, organized two Writers WORDshop classes for others to teach, and have an interview today to teach some classes for our local college's community ed. program.
5. WRITING-blogged daily, even wrote some new poems and submitted articles for my column for next month, gave a power point presentation for Heritage Writer's Guild.
6. READING and applying concepts from several different books on time management, dieting, and the scriptures before I read the daily newspaper.
7. SPOUSE-supported hubby through his many dental appointments, trying to cook healthier meals, discuss  life more and have weekly dates. 
8. SERENDIPITY-trying to follow moments of inspiration when they come daily to do this or not do this, etc. Praying for direction in my life and guidance for me, my family and friends. I've even said "NO" to several projects that I could have been involved in but didn't choose to.
9. CULTURE-attended a poetry reading and a mystery play locally.
10. HUMANITARIAN PROJECT-helped with cutting out cloth animals to stuff for toys for needy children throughout the world.


Lots of accomplishments-I've enjoyed every minute and even had time to take little NAPS in the afternoons as needed to refresh my energies. 

What significant TA DAHS do you remember about your MARCH activities before you rush into April?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, naps! How nice! :) And thank goodness it's almost April!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea to recap your month for all of us...I especially like the nap as that is what I have to do also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recap. I especially like the serendipity...saying no part of it. So happy to hear about the communications with the kids! March has been good. Can't wait for April.

    If I nap, I'm up wandering the house until the wee small hours...

    I should be so happy for April. I'm too anxious for the May flowers that April showers are supposed to bring. /Is that wishing what's left of my life away? Yep... sounds like it is. I'll reign myself in and just enjoy every day as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your Ta DAH list for March. What a great recap for the month. I can feel the energy from seeing it in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the TaDah list! This is something I will do and from which I will surely benefit. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an inspiring list. Thank you, Lin. I will try to do the same. March was a bugger for me!

    ReplyDelete