Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vacation time again

Well, most of my computer files are now backed up on a thumb drive and on my laptop's hard drive plus online so think I'm covered for now. Many files can't be opened but with a little more effort such as updating several of my software programs, I will be able to open them in the future and print off copies. Oh no, more paper files to organize in my office, but that's the nature of life. Interesting that our brains are similar to our hard drives, needing paper backups such as notes, lists etc to keep us on track. I've learned a lot from this experience as I always do everytime my computer and I do this interesting little dance together. 

Now it's time for a little break or vacation as the weather is hitting the 100+ degree temperatures here. We're off to Northern Arizona then New Mexico to visit family and grandkids. Hopefully it will be a little cooler there as the monsoon rains have come to those areas. Will blog as I go. Then when we return I will be ready to work again on my computer challenges.

8 comments:

  1. Travel safely. Post an occasional picture too then we can all vacation vicariously. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Trails, my friend. Looking forward to the road trip, glad you're taking us along.

    Hope the vacation is everything you hope for. I know you're going to enjoy the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, Lin! Have a wonderful trip. You'll be going where we just came from. :-) I know you're going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine this being sung!!
    "Happy trails to you...
    until you blog again.
    Happy trails to you...
    Keep smiling until then.
    Happy trails to you..
    'til we meet again!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck is a thumb drive?
    Do I care what it is? Or should I say, "Should I care what it is"?

    Escaping the inferno, eh? Hope the temperatures are in the mid to low 90's for you.

    Should be a good time with the fam! I LOVE spending time with mine!!!

    ReplyDelete