Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And the Winner is...

      Unfortunately in most contests just one person can win the 1st prize. I just entered a writer's contest with the Heritage Writer's Group that I joined last year here in St. George. I submitted several poems and one non-fiction essay but I didn't win any prizes, certificates or trophies. I did, however, get some valuable feedback on how to improve my writing so that maybe one day I will win a prize or at least improve my writing enough to get it published. My focus now is on writing some short articles to get published in some local magazines or newspapers about what I've learned from my life's experiences. It's a series of essays called "Reflections on Life in Utah." Stay tuned for further information.

2 comments:

  1. I say this is the real "Hats Off!" Good for you Lin Floyd! I think it's terrific that you write and pout your self "out there" Many of us just don't have the drive or courage to do what you're doing. I'm just so plum proud to know ye! Hopefully we'll get a chance to drop by Friday sometime.
    C....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! I love people who have the gumption to do what they wanna do. It seems to me from reading your blog you are always trying to find ones to improve yourself and broaden your horizons.

    ReplyDelete