Friday, November 9, 2007

STILL READING and thinking


There are lessons to be learned in every area of life as you anayze the deeper meanings. Still reading the football book by Lou Holtz. I'm very impressed with him because of his deep spirituality, he's a practicing Catholic and a man of integrity in all areas of his life. I was going to stop taking notes on his book but things just keep popping out at me as I read, and so I write them down here's some more to ponder and apply in your life and mine.

1. Nothing is as good as it seems, nothing is as bad as it seems but somewhere inbetween reality falls.
2. Mistakes are an inevitable part of life but accepting responsibility and taking corrective action are not.
3. Do what's right and avoid what's wrong (simply said)
4. Discipline is a teaching tool. (Good for parents to remember.)
5. Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason, to lead you in a new direction.
6. If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans for the future. (I like this one and another similar-life is what happens while you are making other plans. My life's dream was to marry a prince charming and live happily ever after....well that didn't happen but I'm still trying to learn from each day's mistakes and challenges.)

That's enough for today to contemplate and work on. I appreciate your comments those who read my blog. Tell me of your life's experiences and how they relate to what Lou Holtz is saying. Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment